Dynamically create UI Elements

Hello everyone,
I’m exploring all the possible capabilities about Noodl.
I was wondering if there is a way to create dynamically UI Elements.
For Example, in my images folder I have N number of images, N can be any number [1…] and can change with the time.
I would to create dynamically as many Image UI Element as the images in the folder

Is that possible with Noodl ? if so, could you guide me on how to achieve that ?

Thank you all in advance
Best
Alessandro

Hi Alessandro!
If I’m understanding your question correctly, that’s definitely possible to do in Noodl :slight_smile:

But just to clarify, are you:

1. Trying to pull image files from some folder on your computer outside of Noodl?
    or
  2. Trying to fetch images in your Noodl Project Folder? - I don’t know if you know, but you can add files to the project folder by dragging-and-dropping them into the Noodl Project window you’re working in.

Also, have you considered using the built-in backend?
Let me know what the plan is, and then I can assist you further :slight_smile:

Victor from Noodl

HI Victor,
Thank you for your reply.

We knew about the built-in backend, but due to project constrains, we would have the images in a specific folder within the Noodle Project Folder.

Hi again.
I think the easiest way to get started and to have content showing is by using setting up a Static Array and listing all the filenames/paths in there, but I’m also aware that’s not exactly what you’re asking.

Pulling files directly from a local folder becomes way more tricky due to security reasons, especially if your project is supposed to eventually run on a web server. If you’re only running your project locally, there may be some other things we can do, but that also limits the scope of your project a bit.

I think I would still recommend that you either work with the Static Array node to begin with, or upload your images to the built-in backend, or perhaps even a CMS (e.g. DatoCMS)
We have an older video of working with GraphQL and DatoCMS here

Hope this gives you some ideas how to proceed :slight_smile: