Task List App Tutorial help

Hi

I’ve just finished the Task List Tutorial and I’m sure I’ve missed something but I have an issue. I can’t see what I’ve done wrong.

When I hit Enter, click ‘Add Task’ or delete a task, I have to refresh for it to show. My task numbers change but the task lines and the input box text remain.

What have I done wrong?

Hi Evo! I also just answered your other question in the other thread :slight_smile:

I’m not 100% sure this will solve your problem, but did you set a filter on the Query Records Node for the Todo class - this node should be in the main app. You can see how I have set a filter on the attached screenshot below. Try that and see if it helps, and let me know if it doesn’t! :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Victor, Design Technologist at Noodl

Ok, so installing the Task App Tutorial template, it appears that version works when using the delete button and the add button but not when you hit Enter.

I’m using a MacBook Pro with the Latest Mac OS and Safari so it might just be a Safari thing. Maybe if I tried another browser or a windows computer, it may work.

@Victor_Permild I should have been specific. The app work perfect in terms of adding the data to the backend. Its the front end that’s the issue, for instance, if I want to delete a task, I click the trash icon and the item will delete from the backend, it also updates with task number however, the line remains until I manually click the refresh button.

I’ll go through the template version and maybe try the tutorial again and work out where I went wrong.

Thanks

Ok, I’ve managed to get the Task Description box to clear. I had to change the input box to a standard text input and it then worked, changed it back to a text area and it now works which tells me that there’s a bug somewhere.

Pressing Enter will submit the value to the database but it will not clear.

Ah yes, that is a bug I’ve experienced too. As far as I’m informed, this has been fixed in the (very soon-to-be-released) 2.5.x version of Noodl :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile: